Job Profile: Rationale Writer - Import/Export
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We are a team of exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The Health and Safety Sustainability Security and Compliance (HS3C) Global Trade Services (GTS) team helps deliver hundreds of thousands of items each day, obsessing over the import and export compliance requirements so that our customers, vendors, sellers and internal businesses can reliably send and receive a broad range of products, equipment and software. Our business customers are Amazon Retail and special internal programs (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Lab126, Amazon Robotics, and affiliates). Global Trade Services consists of two operational areas:
· cross-border trade compliance
· direct imports product compliance
Our Direct Import Product Compliance group is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join our team. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business, its platform, and relevant technologies. This is an exciting and challenging position that provides Product Compliance support for the Global Supply Chain team with a primary focus on Canada.
The position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory guidelines for products importing into the United States. This position will review items within Amazon’s catalog and determine product types as well as provide information on regulatory risk using established tools. This requires strong attention to detail and ability to Dive Deep. We are looking for a talented Product Compliance Specialist who has direct experience with global consumer product regulations to support our rapidly growing and evolving business.
- Ensure that Canadian regulatory requirements are met for products and support other functions such as Retail, Supply Chain, Transportation, Customer Service, and Legal.
- Support best-in-class processes and systems, and drive continual improvement.
- Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects
- Enable scalable business solutions which ensure compliance with consumer product regulations