Amazon Development Center India is seeking a Category Sourcing Manager (CSM) for the Corporate Procurement team in Bangalore/Hyderabad, India. This key procurement role is responsible for sourcing and controllership of indirect spend including facilities, professional services, employee benefits, recruiting services, etc. Key leadership traits required include the ability to form strong partnerships with business leaders and their teams to define requirements, identify the best suppliers, and negotiate advantageous pricing, terms and performance for Amazon. This must be accomplished in accordance with Amazon’s Corporate Procurement, and Spending & Transaction policy. This is an individual contributor role that must also coordinate with Corporate Procurement CSMs in other regions across Amazon to create and leverage sourcing strategies, savings and contract consistency, globally.
Primary duties of this role will include:
- Work with local business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements
- Provide guidance to local employees on procurement principles, policies and processes and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with Amazon’s global policies and procedures
- Work closely with the business teams to understand their purchasing needs and align them with the best suppliers to meet their long-term goals while focusing on total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Identify and manage sourcing and supplier engagement activities including strategic sourcing plans, RFPs, bid and proposal reviews, negotiations, contract awards, etc.
- Develop negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Prepare and hold business reviews with local stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities and/or challenges.
- Implement supply and supplier risk management actions and support resolution of supplier quality or performance issues.
- Analyze industry and evolving trends to proactively identify supply base issues to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit Amazon.