The Amazon Kindle team is seeking an innovative, results-oriented Software Development Engineer in our Content Selection, Experience, Growth and Operations Technology team. In this position, you will work on challenging problems in the area of document content and layout analysis using different text/image processing and machine learning techniques. The system that you build are used by our internal and external partners to ensure that all digital books ingested into Kindle ecosystem meet Amazon’s high quality bar.
If you are passionate about innovation and building exceptional quality and scalable software to identify and remove defects from digital books and improve the customer experience with digital content, then this is the position for you.
A commitment to team work, delivering results, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating an easy to use, reliable, scalable and high performance data service requires exceptional technical expertise. You have practical experience building large-scale distributed, data intensive systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer centric, and feels strongly about building a system that can be operated at world-wide scale with minimal human intervention.
SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.What you’ll be doing?
- Guide the Business in the correct technological decisions for the product line.
- Lead in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translate those requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture.
- Design, develop, test, troubleshoot, debug, deploy, maintain, document and deliver large-scale, highly distributed, real-time and management systems and Serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, from conception, design, implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Build and improve software and tools by translating business and functional requirements and problems into robust, scalable, and supportable solutions that support our partners and streamline the development process.
- Conduct performance analysis and optimization on large-scale distributed systems and produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
- Owning the delivery of entire pieces of the system or application, and serve as a technical lead on complex projects using best practice engineering standards.
- Work in an agile development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
- Mentor software development engineers.