The Senior Software development Manager will be part of the Fire OS organization and will be responsible for leading multiple teams including development & QA for Fire OS devices. Fire OS (based on Android) is used across a wide family of Amazon devices including Tablets and TV.
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of framework, middleware and low level engineers developing software for FireOS based devices. In this position you will partner with product teams (Tablet, TV etc.), product managers, project managers and other internal resources.
The Senior Software Development Manager will provide technical leadership and management for the Chennai teams. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence, low level system background, Android expertise and and a good understanding of the system (including hardware). In addition, it will require demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance and reliability. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
· Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
· Maintain and improve existing software
· Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
· Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management