Amazon’s new delivery product, Amazon Flex, aims to delight customers by delivering millions of packages faster than ever before. We are expanding our service rapidly to new geographies and products from groceries to big-screen TVs in an increasingly complex transportation network. We recently launched Prime Now, Amazon’s newest benefit for Prime members who can now skip a trip to the store by shopping on the Prime Now app for products like paper towels, shampoo, books, toys and batteries with orders delivered right to their door in an hour or less. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss, delivering ultra-fast Prime Now and Restaurant orders. Both Amazon Flex and delivery experience of Prime Now are powered by the Amazon Flex App, which is available on iOS and Android. The Amazon Flex App works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and technology. The Amazon Flex App and technology will allow the delivery partner to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest delivery innovation, at flex.amazon.com. Come join the team and help us make history!
It is still Day 1! We are building a new business and a global product in the last mile space. We have many openings for individuals to help us innovate in this space. You will be responsible for building and leading a new team of talented engineers for a new initiative. The successful candidate will look at the big picture from both a business and technical perspective, and lead the team in developing new software to support this business..
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a technology team, including setting the technical vision for developing our systems to serve Amazon's needs.
- Build and manage great software engineers and tech leaders that are responsible for developing and maintaining software that optimizes our transportation network.
- Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers, managers and other related job roles.
- Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.