Amazon’s Last Mile Technology has the operational focus of providing new and different technologies to solve challenges in the last mile delivery space. We want to ensure a top-in-class customer experience from the time a customer places an order on Amazon.com to the time it lands in the customer’s hands. It is in our makeup to drive true innovation in this space.
Building on that concept, the most recent accomplishment in this space is Amazon’s new delivery system, Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex aims to delight customers by delivering millions of packages faster than ever before. We recently launched Prime Now, a great benefit for Prime members who can now skip a trip to the store by shopping on the Prime Now app for products like paper towels, shampoo, books, toys, and batteries with orders delivered right to their door in an hour or less. But this is not just benefiting our end customers, with Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss while earning money delivering ultra-fast Prime Now orders. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest delivery innovation, at flex.amazon.com
We are looking for talented Software Engineering Managers to design and build these new systems and products. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver. You will learn about real-time adaptive transportation solutions, routing algorithms and optimizations, operating on large scale datasets, mobile development and more.
As part of this new org, we are building new development teams in Seattle. You will be responsible for hiring the development team and working on a v 1.0 product. Your team will be working on building a brand new platform to recruit and manage accounts for delivery partners. Your team will also be responsible for building a web platform for the delivery partners.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a technology team, including setting the technical vision for developing our systems to serve Amazon's needs.
- Hire and manage great software engineers that are responsible for developing and maintaining software that optimizes our transportation network.
- Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers.
- Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
It’s always Day 1 at Amazon, are you up for the challenge?
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer-F/M/V/D