Amazon has been successfully building a large and growing marketplace in India focused on meeting Indian consumers’ needs nationally. Amazon would like to build on this by developing and selling its own brands of Private Label products. The Amazon India team is looking for an entrepreneurial, dynamic & self-directed Sr. Category Manager to launch new products.
Senior Category Manager is expected to expand and manage recently launched categories, use category and customer insight to identify new product opportunities and bring them to market, coordinate product development across cross-functional teams, and help refine processes to grow the business.
We are looking for someone to develop a healthy obsession with understanding the Amazon India marketplace and launch high quality products that delight our customers. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will be possess strong analytical and people management skills, strong process development and project management skills, strong financial acumen, high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, an ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders and be a great team player. They should also feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a very entrepreneurial environment.
This is a start-up program within the Amazon India organization and you have the chance to get in on the ground floor. We are looking for individuals that can thrive in ambiguity, love to create and innovate, and want to deliver amazing products for Amazon customers in India. Join us! Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the market segment, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitoring competitor efforts
- Working to develop new products based on Amazon data, market trends and customer needs analysis, and build business cases for each
- Managing product lifecycle from ideation phase through commercialization, across multiple categories
- Owning and managing a portfolio of private label products and while driving pricing, in-stock, demand generation and a top notch customer experience
- Collaborating with and influencing a number of internal and external stakeholders such as supply chain, sourcing, marketing, legal, tax, product compliance, sellers and global private label teams
- Designing and implementing new processes to help scale our business