Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.”
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We have a team of talented Support Engineers located in 5 countries around the world, and are growing rapidly. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use ground breaking technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Interact with leading technologists around the world
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the customer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services
AWS is seeking talented engineers, well versed in DevOps technologies, automation, infrastructure orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration, who are not constrained by how “things are usually done”. As an AWS Premium Support Engineer, you would typically be involved in the following activities on a day-to-day basis:
Empower AWS customers who use AWS deployment management services, including but not limited to:
- Elastic Beanstalk
- ECS (Orchestrating Containers)
- CloudFormation, (Infrastructure as Code)
- OpsWorks (Automate Operations)
- CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CodeCommit (Implementing CI/CD pipelines on AWS)
- AWS Core Services like (EC2, ELB, S3)
Act as customer’s advocate and have a strong voice into the product development teams. This includes:
- Raising feature requests on behalf of the customers’ use cases.
- Ensuring timely communication and driving technical issues towards closure.
- Raising bug reports.
- Help customers architect and optimize their AWS infrastructure.
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Premium Support engineer will also coach/mentor new hires, develop and deliver trainings, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting top talent, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
As we operate on follow-the-sun model, with support sites in various locations globally, there is no after hours, on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
A suitable candidate would be a DevOps Engineer or a Sys Admin/Network Admin with very good programming/scripting knowledge who is extremely customer focused, can multi-task, and utilizes both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers to resolve their technical issues.