The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies team is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a key part of our development team in Bangalore, India. Our teams of engineers innovate, architect, design and build highly available, scalable and real time fulfillment systems that power Amazon fulfillment network. In Bangalore, we are building some of the key services for AFT fulfillment systems.
FC Systems is expanding our investment in the next generation of existing services and adding new teams. These are very cool projects – you’ll be working with engineers using the latest technologies to create new services as well as enabling customers to use existing products in new and exciting ways. You’ll also be working on things that are still on the drawing board or that you invent or even patent. Our team is slated to do a lot of new and exciting things and therefore is growing big. This means there are a lot of new areas we will be exploring, lots of new design and research, and lots of new code.
A successful candidate for this role will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Leading highly talented technology teams responsible for building and owning complex services from India.
- Delivery of highly available and highly reliable software.
- Develop and maintain a culture of innovation and operational efficiency in the team.
- Influence, collaborate and communicate effectively with various leaders in Amazon.
- Hiring, growing and retaining a strong team keeping with the Amazon high bar.
- The ideal candidate is a business and tech-savvy, analytical manager with a verifiable track record of managing and delivering enterprise projects on time and within budget.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- A record of hiring of strong technical team members and leaders.
- Candidates must demonstrate proactive technical leadership, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a proven ability to multi-task and manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must have a strong customer focus and excellent expectation management abilities.
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science is required with 7-10 years of experience managing distributed computing/server software engineering teams.