The successful candidate will lead a team of 50-60 employees. The candidate will be a strong communicator and will be responsible for coordinating and representing the interests of Finance Operations receivables group within Amazon in the areas of Vendor/client dispute management, Invoicing, Remittance Application and Collections.
The responsibility of this role will be Global process management. This individual will be a very strong leader who is adept at driving change within a very dynamic business environment and has a proven record of delivering process efficiency results.
Job duties include:
· Performs autonomously, initiates and manages complex, departmental and/or cross- company work.
· Managing process workload and establishing priorities.
· Is expected to set and improve policies and procedures, maintaining full compliance, implementing best practices.
· Focus is broad, will lead on projects and areas of finance or support of a business.
· Independently manages and drives recruiting efforts. Continually raises the bar.
· Plays significant role in career development of the team.
· Drives execution of vision and goals for the team.
· Setting up process priorities and aligning with overall organization goals.
· Driving organization’s collection strategy, plays a leader’s role in improving collection efficiencies, spearheads development and implementation of collection tools and other automation.
· Exploring upstream/downstream improvement opportunities by working with business partners, identifying root causes and builds long term solutions.
· Building long term relationship to improve collection lifecycle. Stakeholders and customer management.
· Building and maintaining operations’ performance metrics and continually raising the bar.
· Evaluating and communicating accounts receivable controllership risks with the Finance Operations, assessing the adequacy of existing controls and implementing new controls as needed.
· Operationalizing policies, documentation and implementation, and procedural compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This includes developing, modifying and maintaining the operational and design effectiveness of internal controls partnering with Internal Audit.
· Ability to lead and contribute in other process areas like cash application, credit notes management, vendor/customer contact management.
· Hands on experience of managing and leading a team of 50-60 members including operational managers across receivables processes.
· CA, CPA or CWA, with 14+ or more years of relevant Finance and/or Operational experience
· Demonstrates strong communication (verbal and written) skills and is able to positively influence behaviors and outcomes.
· Exceptional attention to detail and a work ethic based upon a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Strong analytical skills and ability to evaluate business processes
· Experience with complex problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques desired
· Proven project management ability that shows how to organize, find solutions, and follow through to a successful conclusion
· Advanced presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence leadership