Senior Program Manager, Finance Operations OTC
Amazon is seeking a highly motivated Senior Program Manager to join the Global Accounts Receivable (GAR) team to lead the Global Collection Program (aka Vertical).
The Senior Program Manager will have global oversight of various projects and initiatives to achieve organizational goals and deliver results. This role will require engagement and alignment with global business teams, finance operations business partnership teams, operational teams, system developers and project managers. Responsibilities include leading the execution of this vertical by driving regular reporting and meetings with leadership teams, understanding business and customer needs to define KPIs and project roadmap for a long term vision.
The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and demanding work environment is critical to success in this role. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with fundamental knowledge of program management, experience with Order-To-Cash (OTC), demonstrate strong relationship and strategic influencing skills, experienced in large scale change management across functions and geographies, and exhibit a restless pursuit for improvement. This individual must have a proven record of delivering results through strong program management skills, problem solving skills, financial process and system knowledge, and a passion for customer experience.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
· Develop and/or execute 3 year vision for the vertical, aligning with the overall Finance Operation vision
· Set the overall strategy and objectives for the vertical
· Manage and prioritize projects to achieve each year’s goals and vision by working with project managers and/or business owners. May own a few projects
· Escalate any risks and resource needs in a timely mannger
· Ensure appropriate resources are aligned to deliver results
· Perform SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) on a regular basis, at least annually
· Play a critical role in setting each year’s goals
· Represent key meetings such as Monthly Read Out, Quarterly Read Out, Annual Review, for leadership
· Collaborate with other teams to achieve overall goals Basic Qualifications
- B.S. or B.A. in Finance / Accounting or related field required, MBA or CPA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant financial and/or program management experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in Finance Operations
- International experience at a multinational organization a plus
- Proven project management ability that shows how to organize find solutions and follow through to a successful conclusion specifically using technology and building consensus across diverse teams
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Business Intelligence, SQL reporting, Essbase, and Cognos; SAP or other ERP a plus
- Experience with complex problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques a plus
- Independent and entrepreneurial style showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment