Do you love to code in backend, work across the complete stack, completely understand system and make a huge impact on consumer experience? As a Software Development Engineer(SDE), work as a Part of diverse team including front end and back end SDEs, Applied scientist and user experience designers?
Briefly, Our Org directly impact the daily work of many employees in Retail, Marketplace, Retail Business Services (RBS), Seller Support (SeSu), and Fulfillment Center(FC) by either automating or supporting the business processes for identifying, adding and managing selection through our tools and workflows.
Our team, Catalog Systems that provide the item, relationship and offer data for the search results page and the detail page thereby powering the customer experience. We use data analysis, and statistical and machine learning techniques to identify duplicate items, Similarity Detection, key Phrase extraction and normalization problem in Amazon catalog. This problem is challenging due to sheer scale (billions of products in the catalog), diversity (products ranging from electronics to groceries to instant video across multiple languages) and multitude of input sources (millions of sellers contributing product data with different quality).
Here is a taste of some of the day-to-day activity, we do on in terms of innovation and challenge: Scalability
: Code, Design and think at scale. Amazon’s product catalog has billions of records with a mind boggling variety of products and millions of customers in multiple countries. Deliver solutions that scale for large data sets and are generic enough to apply to the variety in the catalog. Data analysis:
We constantly dig into the data available at Amazon to analyze, inform and develop solutions to the right problems. If looking at data, slicing and dicing it in multiple ways and coming up with interesting insights are something you thrive upon, you will fit right in. Statistics
: Optimal techniques to sample the massive product catalog for humans to audit different dimensions of data quality issues and consolidating the results. Measure and Improve:
We obsess on identifying new ways to measure the effectiveness of our solutions and ways to improve them. We identify areas of improvement in our frameworks, tools, processes and strive to make them better. We continually evaluate our success metrics and evolve our reporting systems.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Writing high quality code, designing/architecting systems of varying complexity involving billions of data records with different variety and scope, and creating high quality documentation supporting the design/coding tasks and participating in code reviews,
- Participating in team meetings, stand-ups, and architecture/design discussions.
- New feature development in our existing frameworks, tools, processes and strive to make them better. Evaluate our success metrics and evolve our reporting systems.
- Dive deep into the catalog data, understand different functional areas, and use your creativity to come up with techniques to improve the quality of Amazon’s product catalog.
- Participate in the roadmap definition for the team