- Description: L6 Finance Manager - Fin Ops accounting
- Amazon is seeking a finance manager to support the Finance Operations AR accounting team. The Fin Ops AR accounting team is responsible for month end reporting, period close process, billing and contract reviews, Revenue Recognition, SOX documents and perform SOX testing as assigned, reporting and improving controls in the entire AR process. The finance manager needs to ensure that the Finance processes are operating at the optimum capacity, hire and develop the best resources and partnering with AR operations team to achieve the annual operating plan. The Accounting team is responsible for preparing, reviewing and reporting on general ledger account and operational reconciliations. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining key financial and operational metrics, analyzing and reporting monthly variance analysis and providing ad-hoc reporting and analysis. This individual will also establish and embed principals of financial controls by measuring the quality of general ledger account reconciliations, creating dashboards and metrics to measure quality of processes and controls within the Amazon.com Finance Operations organization.
- Accounting and Control:
- Provide support/direction for process or problem resolution.
- Ensure all AR processes are operating efficiently and effectively
- Identify and implement process improvements where required.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place, documented, and operating as intended.
- Actively participate in strategic initiatives and special projects when assigned or required.
- Leadership and Management:
o Grow, develop, and mentor team members: Coach regularly, promote responsibility-taking, communicate expectations with clarity, ensure differences are resolved, make meaning of events for others, share information.
o Guide recruitment, retention, staff training and performance reviews.
o Build relationships: Make and keep commitments, seek opportunities to partner with customers, be optimistic, anticipate needs.
o Ensure the department is well planned: Define opportunities, communicate vision and goals in a way everyone understands, know what is most important and set priorities, ask for commitment, follow up on progress being made, promote accountability.
o Protect our brand: Know and live the values, ensure team members are living the values