Do you enjoy solving very complex problems with simplest solutions? Are you excited by a fast paced multi-tasked environment? Would you like to help us innovate on behalf of Digital and Device customers?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Amazon is the earth’s most customer centric company. Along with being a retail company, it has a special focus on innovative technology and high-profile devices. We have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room and Echo, our latest cutting edge product.
The Digital and Device Customer Service (aka. D2CS) organization goal is to provide the best customer experience and support for our devices and digital applications. The D2CS Technology team own critical applications and backend services to achieve this. The team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on the in-house relationship management platform that delivers one of the industry’s best customer satisfaction scores (ACSI). Our platform is used 24x7 by thousands of users globally in multiple languages who are satisfying millions of Amazon and our partners' customers.
You will have the opportunity to work on software services that are designed to adapt to the evolving businesses of Amazon while improving the quality and productivity of our operations teams. These gains are driven by the controls and feedback of our systems, business metrics and user community to enable continuous improvement to our software, system design, and development processes. Our software allows our users to also improve their quality, timeliness, efficiency and policy adherence of customer support interactions.
Work in our platform will provide the opportunity to contribute to the complete vertical stack of an SOA based system, which is horizontally connected to most systems in the larger Amazon ecosystem. Areas include business intelligence, web service implementation, database design, web based applications, UI design and usability optimization.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individual who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. Key Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for sub-system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Work side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on challenging problems
- Have experience working with web technologies
- Be highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Take great pride to innovate on new products that are used by millions of users
- Understand what's important when releasing software to end users and have been through the process from start to finish
- Be comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge.