Position Description: Program Manager LOCATION
Bangalore, India REPORTING to Sr Ops Manager
Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, hungry and passionate about e-commerce, experienced, and entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you.
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. As an extension of this, Amazon encourages vendors to offer products to Amazon customers through various forms of advertising. The advertising ops team in Bangalore has the onus to ensure that advertising bar is maintained at the highest standard across Amazon websites. We work on various ad programs covering International Amazon marketplaces.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to coordinate and lead efforts across operations, multiple technology and program teams. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about using data to help us measure every area of the business, drive efficiencies, optimizations and influence decision-making.
In this role, the Program manager will work with business and operations team to continuously evolve forecasting models, analyze historic results, and make business recommendations to senior management based on those analyses – all in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. The Program Manager will drive improvements to the reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data to internal and external partners.
This position also manages the planning and execution of operations team’s goals, including segmentation of business goals, measurement of goal attainment, evolving and driving various improvements in Business to increase its effectiveness in driving results.
The successful candidate must have very strong analytical skills and expert in excel and MS Access. Knowledge of SQL would be an added advantage. He/she will be passionate about their work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. He/she will be experienced at working with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate of operations team to other stakeholders. Active collaboration with leadership in Advertising teams, Business Intelligence, Business Development, Finance, Marketing and Recruiting will be crucial to the effective execution of the responsibilities. He/she will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way. Some of the key result areas include, but not limited to
· Responsibility for defining and driving operational/business goals
· Collaborate on the design, development, maintenance, and delivery/presentation of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions
· Building a data oriented culture, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve operational and business goals.
· Managing stakeholder communication across multiple lines of business on operational milestones, process changes, escalations, etc.
· Designing and developing strong relationships with senior stakeholders in the Advertising business.
· Ensuring high quality standards for interviewing and hiring employees at all levels of the organization.
· Owning specific people programs on coaching and development and team engagement.