The Amazon Kindle team is seeking a customer-centric, results-oriented and innovative professional to help accelerate adoption of digital reading on Kindle devices. The Principal of Kindle Business Development will work to secure distribution and marketing opportunities at scale to grow Kindle in India through network operators, OEMs and other partners. This individual will be required to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively negotiate terms that benefit Amazon and our customers. The ideal candidate has solid business judgment with a track record of successful B2B negotiations, strong relationship management and understanding of B2C brand visibility building.
Some of the key job functions of this position are:
· Own and drive top of the funnel traffic to adoption of eBooks on Kindle and Kindle apps in India. Seek to drive top of the funnel through to Paid Activations. In doing so will identify and close deals with network operators, OEMs and other partners. Think more broadly of driving brand visibility and drive programs to do that. Be creative to leverage and come up with programs to uniquely combine what is Amazon to generate relevance for customer to help drive re buys to the extent possible.
· Evaluate the economic, strategic costs and benefits of partnerships and execute plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, legal, marketing).
· Execute delivery of terms with and through partners after contract close.
· Prepare and give business reviews to senior management regarding progress. Influence different teams within Kindle - Device, Marketing, Site Merchandising and get multiple stakeholders to agree. Product tweaks may also be required. Good collaborator and shaper. In addition work closely with multiple teams including Product Management, Legal and Finance to put together deals that are win-win-win for customer-partner-company.
· Act as an input and feedback provider to the Product Management teams on delivering a better reading and purchase experience for customers.
· Ability to function in an individual capacity and drive productivity / direct BD team members
- Deliver strong growths in acquiring and activating new customers for Kindle content
- Deliver programs with partners that offer Kindle significant ROI.