As one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world, Amazon Payments processes billions of secure on-line transactions via a number of payment mechanisms, including credit cards, convenience store payment, net-banking, digital cash, cash on delivery and electronic gift certificates. Transactions are processed on behalf of thousands of merchants, including Amazon.in. Amazon is known across the globe as the most trusted company on the Internet. We are committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
Amazon Pay is eyeing to become fastest growing payment companies in India & planning to add many more payment modes to its portfolio. Given the highly sensitive nature of Payments business, it is imperative to have fully-functional compliance management leader, focused on payments products compliance policies, processes and controls for smooth operations of the company.
The independent Compliance and Internal controls management function is a key component of the company’s governance structure. This function is responsible for overseeing compliance risk. The function (company-wide and within subsidiaries) has authority within the organization to oversee the company’s risk management activities. Key activities of the risk management function include:
Supporting the design and implementation of effective corporate governance structure (e.g. definition of roles and responsibilities, risk appetite, reporting and disclosure requirements) and serving as the point of contact responsible for AODS’s (outsourced) Internal Audit service
· Reviewing corporate governance documents (e.g. policies, charters, procedures, etc.) for best practices, risk management and internal controls aspects
· Review and testing of AODS’s internal controls (e.g. policies, procedures, thresholds, automated controls, etc.), as well as making reco
· Identifying and maintaining an inventory (available to all staff) of applicable laws, regulation, rules and standards to AODS, advising Management on them and informing Management of any related developments
· Ensuring that a Compliance Policy (i.e. Compliance Manual) have been established, which have been approved by AODS’s Board of Directors
· Monitoring compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines by performing regular and comprehensive compliance testing and reporting the results on a regular basis (and promptly, where deemed necessary) to Management and, if necessary, the Supervisory Board
· Overseeing communications and training on compliance matters for new and current personnel
· Responsible for submitting reports to the RBI.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of Amazon's internal systems. He or she should be well-versed in interpreting regulations to manage regulatory risks, analytical in deriving risk patterns to identify compliance risk scenarios, efficient in convincing management of the impending risks and drive decision-making. The candidate must have superior verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable presenting issues to management. Primary responsibilities:
The Complaince and Internal Controls Manager, AODSPL will report directly into the Sr Manager/Director, Risk and Operations, Amazon Online Distributor Services Pvt. Ltd. and will work with business partners across company and its affiliates.
Risk officer is expected to perform following functions:
· Define, implement and govern diligent compliance and Internal control policies for Amazon Payments Business in India
· Evaluate exposure to compliance risk thorough monitoring and reformulate risk mitigation policies for AODSPL
· Manage and drive compliance analysts to fulfil the above objectives
· Establish compliance policies for Amazon payment products and launches
· Lead multiple cross functional and cross geographic projects on establishing and implementing compliance polices. Work with technology, compliance, legal, operations and risk teams in seattle and india
· Demonstrate analytical prowess, thought leadership and influencing capability to drive changes in compliance practices within and outside the team.
· Manage the implementation of all aspects of the compliance function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report compliance risks
· Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas' risks and control self-assessments.
· Manage the process for setting risk limits and approval authorities.
· Define risk and compliance governance framework which should include policies, supported by appropriate control procedures and processes, designed to ensure that the organization’s risk identification, aggregation, mitigation and monitoring capabilities are commensurate with its size, complexity and risk profile.
· Monitor major and critical risk issues.
· Manage the process for elevating control risks to more senior levels when appropriate.
· Conduct compliance & risk assessments.
· Ensure the risk program is effectively integrated into product development and delivery methodology.
· Participate in local and global discussions to formulate new or enhance existing risk processes, policies and standards.
· Set up and own the regulatory report generation, audit and presentation.