We are the team that manages the 3P apps ingestion and quality across Amazon. If you are excited by technology and working in a fast paced challenging environment drives you, we would love to have you as part of the Amazon Appstore team in Bangalore. The team drives the entire ingestion and certification process for android apps, which involves the entire lifecycle from the time a developer submits an app to the time it is put up on the store, and ensuring the high quality experience for Fire tablets, Fire TV and other 3P customers even after that.
The team is looking for a Workforce Management and Capacity Planning Strategist who will lead a team to develop strategies and processes to effectively and efficiently manage demand and resources at Amazon Appstore. Manager must have strong collaboration skills; be able to recognize and work through ambiguity; address conflicting business needs; utilize creative problem solving to identify solutions; and articulate the impact to stakeholders. Manager will be expected to deliver results on:
- Improved customer experience by better schedule to forecast and adherence to schedule
- Zero-based budgeting, underpinned by planning
- Improved work/life balance of staff
- An enabler for process improvement
- Confidence to make decisions based on process outputs
- Known implications of operational decisions through scenario planning
- Manage a team of 4-6 analysts to achieve service levels, drive optimized schedules and accurate forecasts, and improve processes and analytics within Appstore.
- Provide insightful analysis and present finding and recommendations to Senior Management regarding Workforce management processes, schedules, and hiring plans.
- Maintain and analyze workforce performance, lead analysis and staffing change data for continuous quality and productivity improvement.
- Participate in the development of WFM strategy, Capacity planning, Forecast Analysis, long range planning, critical success factors, operating plans, and formulation of goals.
- Develop performance indicators and reporting mechanisms to measure operating standards and facilitate effective decision support.
- Oversee technology and process improvements to ensure the highest level possible customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness.
- Manage a diverse team of non technical and technical staff within WFM including recruitment, selection, performance management, development, and rewards.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment.