Amazon.com's Logistics technology group is responsible for developing and implementing cutting edge initiatives in delivering packages to our customers as fast as possible while lowering costs for the company. We are hiring for a new team whose main focus is innovation in customer experience and building the next generation platform which will serve the needs for fast growing selection of items on Amazon.com and new business ventures.
As part of this new org, we will be working with development teams in Amazon's Gurgaon development center. You will be responsible for the technical leadership of these teams, including the hiring the development of the team and working on a V1 product.
The Principal Engineering Community provides technical leadership at Amazon.com. They help establish technical standards and drive Amazon’s overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and engineering methodologies. They work on our hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound and durable systems that are aligned with our business needs. They think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, reliable, and scalable systems, that fit well together. Principal Engineers are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions.
• Work effectively with other groups within Amazon in order to deliver a logistics/fulfillment platform that supports multiple organizations, areas of business, and geographies.
• Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
• Participate in the definition of secure, scalable, and low-latency services and efficient physical processes.
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent, including other Amazon Principal Engineers.
• Assist in the career development of technical colleagues, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
• Serve as a technical lead on demanding, cross-functional projects.
• Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Leverage knowledge of internal, and industry prior art, in design decisions.
• Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against other competing systems in the industry.
• Contribute intellectual property through patents.
The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, builder and operator. You should have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and/or IT projects and initiatives. You will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. While constantly striving for simplicity, you must demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment.