The Seller Experience Content Management team develops high-quality, user-centered content for the companies and individuals who sell goods and services through the Amazon selling platform. Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where people can buy virtually anything online. Amazon sellers play a key role by greatly expanding the selection available to shoppers.
As a technical writer on our Content Management team, you will follow our style guides to create clear and concise information to help Amazon sellers succeed. You will collaborate with fellow writers and internal business partners (such as program managers, UI designers, and software development engineers) to develop strategy and content. You will participate in content management efforts, process development, and quality governance in support of team success, while also working independently on multiple projects.
With new programs, products, and strategies being developed and launched all the time, the opportunities for imaginative and innovative thinking and content strategy are endless.
This position will be located in Bangalore, India.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- Outstanding skills in writing about complex technical and business subjects to a variety of audiences.
- Proven experience of technical editing/writing in a similar role.
- Ability to be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
- Ability to interact with different business groups and scope documentation assignments.
- Precise documentation and clear communication skills.
- Fluency in written US English.
- Affinity for technology and a proven experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Working knowledge of DITA.
- Strong HTML/XML skills.
- Instructional Design experience is a plus.