Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree or a PhD in Computer Science or the equivalent required.
A minimum of 15 years’ experience leading large technology teams and owning complex services
· Leading large (30+ Software engineers), highly talented technology teams responsible for building and owning complex services.
· Not just a technical leader but a strong people manager, who loves to lead, coach, and mentor.
· Delivery of highly available, highly reliable, near zero defect software.
· Experience leading multiple simultaneous product development efforts with distributed teams across the globe.
· Inculcating a culture of Innovation and operational efficiency in teams. Driving Engineering Excellence and continuous improvements
· Responsible for the strategic vision of the products/services while staying on top of the execution. Influence, collaborate and communicate effectively with various leaders across Amazon.
· Hiring, growing and retaining a strong team in keeping with Amazon’s high hiring bar.
· Substantive experience building innovative, complex, software.
· Strong technical credentials, with at least 15+ years leading or managing high performing software development teams, ideally with hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
· A record of hiring of strong technical and operations team members and leaders.
· Strong technical leadership and a passion for technology with excellent business acumen. Is right a lot and exercises good judgment in both technology and business situations.
· A strong partner who can simplify complex technical concepts and effectively communicate and collaborate with peer technology leaders and business leaders alike
· A strong customer focus and excellent expectation management abilities.
· Proven record of innovation and thought leadership.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others