Amazon's E-commerce Services are highly available, mission critical services, handling a very large number of transactions, and have a direct impact on the customer experience. If you are excited about the opportunity to learn and work on large scale distributed systems, enjoy solving complex problems, and define and drive Operational efficiency programs (Infrastructure/compliance), execute programs for a Global team, and migrating services to Private/Public Cloud, here is your opportunity. Amazon's eCommerce Excellence group is building new team in India, US and Costa Rica which will be responsible for supporting the E-commerce Platform Services and their infrastructure through Flagship Operational Excellence Programs that are focused on improving Availability, Performance, and Efficiency and reduce Cost of operations/services through use of innovative technology.
The e-commerce Operational Excellence Team (eCO-X) runs software in production and performs service operational activities for eCP organization. eCO-X owns services in Production and incubates new ideas in operational management and in service infrastructure function. We make eCP business faster, better and cheaper by driving adoption of hosted technologies (such as AWS infrastructure and services), defining and enforcing best practices in service infrastructure operations and operating service fleets efficiently. Responsibilities:
· Orchestrate and drive Operational Excellence and Efficiencies program
· Serve as primary point of contact for massive-scale network engineering projects
· Setting up / defining processes and continuous improvement which would include working with various internal teams (e.g. Service Owner, Support Engineers, Hardware Infrastructure Planning and Finance teams, Infrastructure Operations and Global Program Management Teams) to help drive tools and process improvements.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make tradeoffs; encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify inter-dependencies between concurrent IT projects to prevent downstream problems.
· Run regular project triage, ensuring all customers and stakeholders are engaged and informed
· Develop and publish project plans and deployment timelines
· Develop strategies and transferring best practices from various Amazon operations as you build robust, scalable, and innovative.
· Coordinate with dependent engineering teams to engage resources and integrate dependencies into project plans