The Fast Data Technologies (FDT
) group builds multiple platform services which are at the core of Amazon’s consumer and digital businesses. Its core NoSQL distributed storage platform processes more than 2.7 trillion transactions per day to serve various tier-1/mission-critical Amazon websites and internal Amazon systems. Thousands of services fueling the growth of Amazon businesses use FDT to store customer orders, catalog and product information, shopping cart, Kindle device information, and hundreds of other business critical data-sets. The performance and availability of FDT is critical to the reliability of the Amazon brand.
FDT Console team has the goal of creating a customer facing unified console for all the services of FDT on the internal cloud, not very different from AWS Console, using which a customer can onboard to any FDT product and manage its account, forecasting, billing and usage metrics. Our mission is to help you achieve business goals and the best possible customer experience by enabling the development of high-performing, user-empowering consoles from a perfect blend of the engineering sciences
with the design sciences.
Towards this vision, we are seeking a strong Architect with experience of building scalable SOA services with multiple dependencies and enterprise-level development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating on new FDT product experience definition and architecture
- Serve as the lead on our most technically complex, cross-functional projects.
- Lead the design, and ultimately deploy successful services that can be leveraged for a broad set of use cases spanning multiple FDT services.
- Defining new APIs that demonstrate full and complete understanding of service interdependencies and limitations.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Creating prototypes and proof-of-concepts for iterative development.
- Work effectively with product development and engineering teams.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
Join a team of builders and innovators that think outside the box. A team of creative and independent engineers with a passion for web services to evolve Amazon's next-generation FDT Console. A team that’s committed to a low operational burden by designing for it. A team that puts work-life balance, personal and professional growth as a principle, not a goal. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!